Giving You The Arts, The Culture, The Events, The Business,and a Little Bit More

Monday, January 4, 2010

It's COLD!

Okay it is official.  It is cold outside.  I know a lot of places have a lot colder weather, however, for Memphis, 21 degrees is cold.  And it is supposed to get colder by the end of the week.

This is the point where I am supposed to hope that everyone is in a warm place because cold weather can be deadly.  I do worry about people who don't have warm houses or worse are out on the streets.  I pray for those people and hope they find shelter.  I even try to give of my means when I can to various groups that assist those who are truly in need of help.

However, I like cold weather on occaision. Notice, I didn't say I like to be cold, but I like cold weather.  When it is cold outside, I enjoy curling up in a warm blanket.  It makes me feel safe.  Linus had it right.  And tonight, while I am writing this, the house is quiet (see my earlier post about cutting the TV feed), and the only sound is my small electric heater along with the sound of a train blowing off in the distance.  Don't knock it until you have experienced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment