Giving You The Arts, The Culture, The Events, The Business,and a Little Bit More

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cutting the Cord

Okay, it is still a new year and therefore time for some resolutions.  Aside from the usual ones (eat healthier, more exercise etc.) I am taking action on a new one.  I am cutting the cord.  I am disconnecting satellite TV.  (I know, technically there is no cord, but you get the idea.)

According to my satellite provider I have over 150 channels of pure entertainment.  Actually I have over 150 channels that I virtually never watch.  I mean, there is nothing on.  So instead I am going back to an antenna with the local channels.  I can still get the weather and the local public station is pretty good.  For the money that I save I can hopefully get what I really want:  a superfast internet connection.

If you think about it, do you really need television?  Is there anything that you can't get online or by DVD?  I will miss the sports, but I will have more time for other things.   This is a fairly dramatic step, but I think I can do it.  I will keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. West, we've been "free" of pay tv for some time now. No regrets. You are the second person I know to make the switch for 2010. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete